Monday, September 11, 2006

Reason Enough

why Lydia will never again wear only her diaper to bed. Before I launch in I guess I should say that I painted Lydia's bedroom on Saturday so we've had her sleeping in the Pack N Play in a different room while the fumes are still strong. So Sunday after lunch she went down for a nap and Ben and I laid down in our room as well. Probably about 30 minutes later I heard her crying. My first thought was, "Why didn't she take a nap!?" She's been having some trouble napping during the afternoon lately. I reluctantly went in to see if I could comfort her enough to get her to sleep. As soon as I opened the door, I knew all was not right as I was assaulted by a horrible smell. I looked in the Pack N Play and thought, "Poor baby, she threw up." I took a couple of steps closer and I realized....no that was not puke. Yes, the child had taken off her diaper, which was on the floor, and had pooped in the pack n play. It was everywhere. She had spread it all over the pack n play, up the sides on the netting and some was thrown over the edge onto the floor. Can we all say it together, "GROSS!!!"
I called Ben in and he took her to the bath while I was left with the mess. The sheet was filthy of course - Ben just wanted to throw it away!!! I had to chuckle at that. What did he think I 'd done with all those outfits she had pooped in when she was a tiny baby?? Yes, the washing machine would survive this one.
Later on when she and the mess were all cleaned up, we were just shaking our heads at the whole thing. Ben said something about how nothing could be much more gross than that. While I agreed, I did have to remind him that there were likely to be many more nasty little messes to clean in the years to come!

9 comments:

Kelley said...

I will make a note of this valuable lesson for future reference. :-)

Btw, what color did you paint her room?

The Budget Mommy: said...

Thankfully, Emma has not yet acquired such a skill. But I will keep in mind not to do that for when she does acquire it.

Elizabeth said...

I think mom and dad have a few stories of their own -- I don't remember which sibling they belong to. I fear that it was me. :-( Poor Pooks!

JM said...

Yuck! Luckily, Nathan has never done that...and hopefully never will! We did have a couple really nasty everywhere ones when he was a baby, though...and a couple throwup episodes as well.

Elizabeth said...

Oh by the way, where are the pics from this blessed event? (j/k)

Kathy said...

what, no pics??? Yes, unfortunately Lizzie did the same thing twice within a few weeks when she was napping. "Gross" is an understatement!

Kathy said...

Let me clarify the timing on that... Lizzie was a baby.

Ldani said...

Reason enough ... that I am in no hurry to join you in the joys of motherhood.

Anonymous said...

hey this is Petey!!!

How are you?

How old is Lydia?