Thursday, June 14, 2007

Little Helper

Lydia loves to "help" in the kitchen. Anything from loading/unloading the dishwasher to being involved in making a meal. I have to remind myself to be patient and to include her when possible. Sometimes I don't always appreciate the "help" as it takes more time, makes a bigger mess etc.

We had a Mexican meal this week and Aunt Liz took it to another level by making us homemade tortillas! Lydia LOVED helping her.



Today I baked Lydia's chocolate birthday cake for the family party on Saturday. She really enjoyed stirring and pouring cupfuls of the flour into the batter. As soon as I began creaming the butter she was asking for a taste! Wonder where she got that idea?
The best part =)

She loves to go on bike rides with Daddy. Notice that Pup must go too!


Notice anything similar? We picked up Megan this morning and she watched Lydia while I taught lessons. Lydia chose her own outfit this morning (yes -she had an opinion about her shirt color. I didn't realize we matched until she said, "I wear boo like Mommy!".) Then I laughed when I saw that Megan matched us as well!

8 comments:

Ldani said...

I love that she is sitting on the counter to stir. I wish I could stir like that!
I agree with Stephanie, y'all look really cute in your matching shirts.

Renee said...

I love the one of Lydia on the counter...and helping make her own birthday cake. :)

Elizabeth said...

What a friend is Pup! I wonder if she's going to treat Kate or Lauren like that -- must go everywhere with her. The cutest thing was the way she said tortillas -- 'tillas. She's a really good helper.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRHDAY LYDIA!!!!

I love you:)

JM said...

After looking at these several times, I think I have decided that my favorite is Lydia sitting with her FEET on the counter. :) Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Yes, they're all cute pictures, but I especially like the one of her kneeling on the counter stirring the flour! That is a keeper.
Rob

Amanda said...

That picture of you three (3) is very pretty.

Beth said...

Your little girl is precious Jen. :)