Monday, May 11, 2009

The things she ponders

Last night as Lydia and I were snuggling in bed, she asked, "Mom, why do boys sometimes kiss girls and the girls don't like it and they cry?" I was astonished and began (quickly) pondering how to answer my almost four year old.
Me: "Who told you that boys kiss girls and make them cry?"
L: "Eden." (yeah right, she's also four)
Me: "I don't think so. Who said this?"
L: hemming and hawing, then finally .... "You know, Mom. Georgy Porgy, pudding and pie, kissed the girls and made them cry...."

This girl makes us laugh!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

How funny! So what was your answer?

Beth said...

Well, I can see that would have you wondering...I'm sure it was a relief that they idea only came from Georgie Porgie. :) I'm anxious to hear your answer too!

j.j. said...

I was certainly able to avoid any in-depth answer when I realized she had her "facts" from a nursery rhyme! I think I just told her that it was a silly story and it was pretend.